Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day! And here's a challenge...

Happy Mother's Day to you all! This is a special day for all women to stop and contemplate the role we can play in nurturing others. I know it can be hard as well. We all have our own special situations: mothers or no, with young children or empty nesters or somewhere in between, confident in our skills or not, good relationships with our own mothers or not. Sheri Dew gave a great talk in General Conference several years ago that I have always loved. Good recommended reading for this week. To check it out, click here.

Otherwise, I promised you a challenge today, so here it is! Hopefully by now you have your copy of the May issue of the Ensign. If not, it has already been posted on lds.org, so you can check it out there (note the link to Church magazines on the right-hand side of this page!). Remember that it only takes five minutes for your brain to start responding to new information? I challenge you to take at least five minutes each day to read a talk from the Conference issue from now until May 30. That's only three weeks of only five minutes a day. I promise it will light up your life! And I promise I'll be posting about it again at the end of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment